Sunday, October 27, 2013

parting words

why hello! by now you have no doubt given up on me...
almost one whole year has passed since i visited this little space.
firstly... i'm sorry! i know i promised more posts... just see below!
but i never took pen to paper (or hands to keyboard) after that. 
at first i was caught up in celebrating and enjoying the new year. 
then i got really carried away with falling in love... and still am.
throw work, friends, family, travel and life on top of 
that and suddenly we are almost in november 2013! 
deep down, a part of me also felt i had outgrown my blog. 
instead of reliving things here, i wanted to be savouring them 
in real life and looking forward to what was happening next. 
so i took a little holiday and just never came back. until now!
before i print my blog as a keepsake for years to come, i felt 
i needed some kind of final post, rather than leaving it unfinished
and hanging as i did below. so this is it! my final post. 
having a blog was a wonderful experience and big part of my
life. it allowed me to be creative and feel inspired, and hopefully
it even inspired others from time to time. it helped my friends
and family feel connected to me and in touch with my life, no
matter how much distance separated us. it also helped me stay 
in touch with myself. who i am. what makes me happy or sad. 
my seven hundred and forty five posts over three years have 
captured my life at that moment in time forever.
that's a pretty special thing to have, even if some are 
cringeworthy to read now! thank you for taking the time
to read my blog, whoever you are... even if it was only once, 
i hope it was as fun to read as it was to write it. 
so, as promised (and this time am following through!)
 a few parting words for my final ever post. love always, jess. 





 










and last but not least...


(and sometimes stuff just happens)




No comments:

Post a Comment